2012 Rudra, A WordPress Twenty Twelve Child Theme is based on the original 2012 theme. I have customized it purely out of Hobby just for my own needs. This child theme is ideal for technical documentation blogs like this one. Just like the parent theme, this Child theme is also a fully responsive theme that looks great on any device.
1) No use of Google Open Sans Fonts, which helps in improving the page load speed.
2) Three footer widget areas. Footer widgets are hidden in the Front Page template.
3) navigation.js is inlined.
4) Post excerpts are enabled by default everywhere with a continue reading button.
This Child Theme works flawlessly on WordPress Version 4.2.2, and the following plugins:
1) Akismet Version 3.1.1
2) Anti-Spam Version 3.5
3) Autoptimize Version 1.9.4
4) Contact Form 7 Version 4.1.2
5) Contextual Related Posts Version 2.2.1
6) Google No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA by WisdmLabs Version 1.1.2
7) Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions Version 3.4.2
8) Social Sharing by Danny Version 1.2.5
9) W3 Total Cache Version 0.9.4.1 (Use this plugin with caution, it is a complete wordpress optimization framework. So it has many options that can be enabled or disabled. Enabling all the options is a sure fire way of breaking your site.)
10) ZenCache Version 150409
11) WordPress SEO by Yoast Version 2.1.1
12) WP DoNotTrack Version 0.8.6
13) WP reCaptcha Integration Version 1.1.4
14) WP YouTube Lyte Version 1.6.2
YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THIS THEME BY CLICKING HERE.
Installation Instructions: Login to your wordpress dashboard, hover the mouse pointer on Appearance, click on Themes, click on Add New, click on Upload Theme, click on Choose file and click on Install. Once installed click the live preview and have a look, and then activate it.
You are free to download it, use it and reditribute it under GPL License v2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html)
However I DO NOT GUARANTEE that things will work out smoothly for you when using this theme in your hosting environment. To make trouble shooting easier if you face the ‘WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH’, please enable the debug mode in your wordpress installation. You have to enable it by alter a small line in ‘wp-config.php’ file which resides in your wordpress installation directory.
Find the line
and change it to
This way if you face the ‘WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH’ error, than the error will be posted on the screen making troubleshooting easier. However based on my testing so far, I feel this situation should not arise, unless of course if there is some plugin conflict or really outdated plugins are active.
Screenshots below shows the google pagespeed score for mobile and desktop tests for this theme:
This Theme would not have been possible without these References: